Top 10 Recipes for Glowing Skin
If you really want to have a glowing and young-looking skin, you need to try some of these delicious food recipes. The following 10 recipes below include the best ingredients that are good for your skin. They are not just healthy, but also very delicious to eat. These food recipes are also low in fat, which helps you avoid oily skin and acne breakout. Glowing skin starts from the inside, so it is time to change your diet and eat more fruits and vegetables every day. Try out these amazing recipes to make your skin look beautiful once again.
1Lemon Herb Salmon
- 2 lbs salmon
- 3 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pour the olive oil into a mixing bowl.
- Chop all the fresh herbs and mix it with the olive oil.
- Zest two of the lemons and add it to the olive oil and herb mixture.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Squeeze the juice of the two lemons and mix well.
- In a shallow baking dish, arrange the salmon with skin side down.
- Add the lemon and herb mixture on top the salmon.
- Slice thinly the additional lemon and put it on top of each of the salmon.
- Cover the salmon with foil and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for one hour.
- After marinating for an hour, remove from the refrigerator and cook at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.
2Almond Crusted Chicken with Cherry Balsamic Sauce
For the chicken
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts, or chicken breasts that are pounded thin
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ cup slivered almonds
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup cherry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the chicken
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Combine and mix the Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix them to completely coat each piece.
- Put the almonds in a shallow dish.
- Dip the coated chicken into the almonds, and make sure to cover both sides, and then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked, inside and out.
For the sauce
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven, heat oil in a saucepan at medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the salt, thyme, and pepper, and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the vinegar and preserves, and then start mixing and stirring until the preserves melt and the sauce is heated through.
- Serve over chicken.
3Chickpea Zucchini Burger
- 1 ½ cup of zucchini, use the largest setting of your box grater when grating the zucchini. All moisture must be removed, so use a paper towel or cheesecloth to squeeze dry the zucchini.
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 3/4 teaspoons sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa – 1/3 cup dry
- 1 ½ cup chickpeas in a can
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, smoked and spicy
- 3-4 tablespoons quinoa flour (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger buns or sliced bread, choose gluten-free
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons of wasabi mayo
- 3 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- large handful of arugula
- 4 tablespoons edamame hummus
- Start by heating 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan, and then sauté the onions and garlic until it becomes tender.
- Add zucchini and sauté until it is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then set aside.
- Grind sunflower seeds, pepper, and sea salt in a blender until the mixture is the same as coarse crumbs.
- Add quinoa, Dijon mustard, chickpeas, lemon, paprika, and dill, to the mixture. Pulse to combine a few times and then run the blender until the mixture is broken up but hasn’t completely lost its texture. You can add a little water to the mixture if you need to.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add the zucchini, garlic, and onion. Mix until combined.
- Shape the mixture into 6-8 patties with your hands. If it feels too moist, add quinoa flour and mix some more until it is a bit drier and holds together better.
- After the patties are formed, freeze them for 15-20 minutes. This will make them stick together better.
2 Options for Cooking
- First Option – heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook burgers for five minutes on each side until it turns golden brown.
- Second Option – bake in a 350 degree F preheated oven using a parchment paper lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake the patties for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve each burger on hamburger buns with a generous amount of wasabi mayo, edamame hummus, red onions, arugula, and sliced cucumbers.
4Parsley-Flaxseed Pesto Pasta
- 1 pound linguine
- ½ parsley-flaxseed pesto
- Coarse salt
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt.
- Just follow the package instructions when cooking the linguine, and cook until al dente.
- Drain, and reserve some 3/4 cup cooking water.
- Return linguine to the pot and add pesto and the reserved cooking water.
- Toss well to coat the linguine and season with salt.
- You can serve with Parmesan cheese if you want.
5Kale Salad with Meyer Lemon
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 diced avocado
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- To make your lemon vinaigrette, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest, and sugar in a small bowl, and then set aside.
- Now for preparing your salad, put kale in a large bowl, and top with avocado, quinoa, pecans, pomegranate arils, and goat cheese.
- Pour the lemon vinaigrette dressing on top of the kale salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
6Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 2 teaspoons of flaxseed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain & low-fat
- 2/3 cup ice cubes
- Place the flaxseeds in a blender and puree for 30 seconds or until the flaxseeds are coarsely ground.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the ice cubes, and puree until smooth and thick.
- Serve immediately.
7Linguine and Tuna with Spicy Orange Sauce
- 8 oz whole-wheat linguine
- 2 cans of tuna 6 oz each, packed in oil and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 large bunch or 3 cups of watercress, ends are cleanly trimmed, washed and well-dried
- Follow package instructions when cooking the pasta in salted water, and drain.
- Meanwhile, mix together orange zest, juice, mustard, oil, vinegar, and red-pepper flakes in a large bowl and season with salt.
- Add the cooked pasta and watercress, and toss to combine.
- Lastly, scatter tuna at the top of the pasta and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
8Quinoa Breakfast Cereal with Berries & Almonds
- 1 cup quinoa, soaked, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup of assorted and organic berries, halved, stemmed, and washed
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened organic coconut milk
- ½ cup of soaked and dried almonds, toasted and rough chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup (add more if you desire)
- desiccated unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Heat coconut milk to a low boil and mix in the quinoa.
- Add the salt, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Lower the heat, cover and let it simmer on very low heat for 12-15 minutes, or until the quinoa becomes plump.
- Try to taste for sweetness, and add more syrup or milk if desired.
- Serve with chopped almonds, berries, and coconut if desired.
9Apple, Walnut, and Endive Salad
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 red apples, cored, quartered, and quarter cut again into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 3 ounces or 6 cups of baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Belgian endive leaves separated, washed and dried
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Toast walnuts over medium heat, stirring frequently until crisp and fragrant, for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, vinegar, and shallot, until well combined. Mix in the oil until thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Add arugula and apple and toss to coat.
- Arrange the endive leaves on 4 serving plates, top with apple mixture and scatter walnuts, mint, and cheese on top.
10Snapper with Bell Pepper Salsa
- 2 red bell peppers, medium-sized, ribs, and seeds removed and chopped
- 4 skin-on red snapper fillets, about 5 ounces each
- 1 small ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs, and seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 small red onion or ¼ cup finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice from 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- To prepare your bell pepper salsa, mix the bell pepper, avocado, jalapeno, onion, parsley, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon of oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place snapper, skin side down, in skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until skin turns to golden brown for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the snapper over and cook until opaque throughout, for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Pour the bell pepper salsa evenly among 4 serving plates. Top with snapper, skin side down and garnish with lime wedges.