Keto Friendly Quesadillas
Quesadillas are a delicious treat that you can incorporate into your daily keto diet recipes. This tasty snack offers 41 g of fat, 5g of net carbs, and 21g of protein.
- 6 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 ½ tsp of ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp of salt
For the Filling
- 1 ounce of leafy greens
- 5 ounces of Mexican cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
What Is The Keto Diet? A Keto Diet or Ketogenic Diet is a low carb diet that aims to convert your body into a fat-burning machine. Read more about Keto Diet here.
Preparing the Tortillas
- Preheat your oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the egg whites and eggs together until it becomes fluffy. Add the cream cheese and whisk until the batter is completely smooth.
- Mix the psyllium husk powder, salt, and coconut flour in a bowl. Add this flour mixture into the batter while beating. Allow it to sit for a few minutes. This batter should be thick enough.
- Spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread and form the batter into a big square.
- Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes on the upper rack. When the edges turn a little brown, it is done.
- Cut the big square tortilla into smaller pieces.
Preparing the Quesadillas
- Heat a non-stick skillet and add oil or butter. Fry the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese, leafy greens, and add some more cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Fry the quesadilla for 1 minute on each side. When the cheese melts, your quesadilla is done. You can serve these quesadillas with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.