Dairy-Free Keto Vanilla Custard
Even if you are on a keto diet, you can still enjoy creamy custard with this keto dairy-free vanilla custard recipe. It contains about 21g of fat, 4g of protein, and only 1g of net carbs per serving.
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of erythritol, optional
What Is The Keto Diet? A Keto Diet or Ketogenic Diet is a low carb diet that aims to convert your body into a fat-burning machine. Read more about Keto Diet here.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the vanilla, almond milk, and sweetener (optional).
- Mix in the melted coconut oil slowly. The oil shouldn’t be too hot to avoid uneven cooking of the eggs.
- Put the bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk vigorously and constantly to thicken. Cooking time should be about 5 minutes. You can also use a thermometer, which should show 140 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes.
- Remove the custard from the saucepan. You can serve it immediately or have it chilled before serving.