15 Top Low Carb Meals Recipes
Getting in shape and losing weight doesn’t mean you have to skip eating delicious meals. There are so many low carb meals that are not only healthy but also full of flavor and can be cooked in minutes. Here are our top 15 low carb recipes that we recommend for you if you are staying away from too many carbs. You can cook them for lunch, dinner, or breakfast. Get your kitchen apron ready and let’s start cooking!
Here is a favorite low carb chicken dish recipe that your family will surely love. Another great thing about this recipe is that it is very quick and easy to prepare.
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can or 10.75 oz condensed cream of broccoli soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the chicken breast in a large skillet for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine and mix the milk and cream of broccoli soup and pour it over the chicken breast.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and stir until completely blended.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with noodles or rice.
2No-Cook Chicken Lettuce Wraps
If you want a quick yet delicious and hearty low carb meal, then this recipe is best for you.
- 1 deli-roasted chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ½ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup Asian style salad dressing
- 1 head of Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes – optional
- Mix the water chestnuts, carrots, and shredded chicken in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix the salad dressing and the yogurt together until smooth and pour it over the shredded chicken mixture. Toss to completely coat the shredded chicken
- Get a spoonful of the shredded chicken and put it in the lettuce leaves
- You can season it with the red pepper flakes
3Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff
This beef stroganoff recipe uses cream cheese instead of the traditional sour cream. It is best served with hot rice or egg noodles.
- 1 pound of beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 can or 10.75 oz condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cream cheese, in a slow cooker
- Put on low setting and cook for about 8 hours. If you choose high setting, cooking time should be 5 hours
- Stir in the cream cheese before serving
A simple Tilapia can become a delectable dish with this Baked Tilapia recipe. It has a very fresh and delicious flavor because of the topping of lime zest and lime juice.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Butter cooking spray
- 1 lime, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Black pepper, cracked
- Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Coat the large iron pan with the nonstick butter cooking spray
- Rinse the tilapia fillet and pat dry, and then place on the pan
- Sprinkle each tilapia fillet with cracked pepper, salt, lime zest, and lime juice
- Put butter on each tilapia fillet
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes
5Marinated Grilled Shrimp
This list of low carb meals is not complete without the deliciously marinated shrimps. You can try it with baked potato, salad, or garlic bread.
- 2 pounds of peeled shrimp, deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, and tomato sauce in a large bowl.
- Add the salt, basil, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the peeled shrimp to the large bowl and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir once or twice.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and start threading the shrimps to the skewers. You should pierce near the head and the tail once.
- Lightly oil the grill. Put the skewered shrimps on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
6Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
Try this amazing roasted cauliflower that is blended with garlic and olive oil. It has a lovely golden brown color that is topped with creamy Parmesan.
- 1 large cauliflower head, separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Put a little bit of oil in a large casserole dish.
- In a large resealable bag, put the olive oil and garlic.
- Add the cauliflower florets in the resealable bag and shake until everything is mixed well.
- Pour the cauliflower into the large casserole dish and add the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes and don’t forget to stir halfway through.
- Sprinkle on top with parmesan cheese and parsley, and then broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it becomes golden brown.
If you want a delicious alternative to beef burgers, you should try turkey burgers. This recipe can be done in half an hour and it can provide up to 12 serves.
- 3 lbs of ground turkey
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Combine and mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Form 12 burger patties.
- Cook the patties in medium heat, and turn once. The internal temperature should be 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
For this low carb recipe, you have to pick the country-style ribs, which are the leanest part of the pork. You have to boil it until it becomes tender and then bake it with the flavorful barbecue sauce.
- 2 ½ pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup of barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Put the pork ribs in a pot and fill it with enough water to cover. Add the seasonings such as the black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook until the ribs become tender.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pork ribs from the pot and place it in a baking dish. Pour the barbecue sauce all over the ribs, and then cover the ribs with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 1 to 1.5 hours or until the internal temperature of the ribs is already 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
9Sage Pork Chops
This pork chop recipe gets its amazing flavor from dried sage, pepper, and salt. It is pan-fried until it gets a beautiful golden brown color.
- 6 pork chops, center cut bone-in
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Mix the dried sage, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and rub it on both sides of the pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the pork chops for 5 minutes per side. Cook until it is golden brown.
- In a separate saucepan, combine water and the beef bouillon cubes over high heat. Stir until the bouillon dissolves in the water, and then pour over the pork chops.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Allow the chops to simmer for 45 minutes.
This pan-fried asparagus recipe is an Italian side dish that will make you love asparagus even more. It only takes about 25 minutes to make and provides up to 4 servings.
- 1 pound of asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the olive oil and add the salt and pepper.
- Cook garlic in butter for only one minute. It must not become brown.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the asparagus to ensure that it is cooked evenly.
11Greek Salad Omelet
Omelet is a great dish for breakfast, but you can also have it any time of the day, especially if it is packed with nutritious and healthy ingredients. This delicious Greek salad omelet provides only 5 grams of carbs per serving.
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 100 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- Handful of black olives
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs along with the pepper, salt, and chopped parsley.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the oil, and then fry the onion wedges for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Turn down the heat and add the eggs.
- Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring as it sets. It should still be runny in places.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, and then place the pan on the grill for 5 minutes.
- Cut the omelet into wedges and serve.
12Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter
Almost everyone loves steak, but this recipe is taking your beloved sirloin steak to the next level. You have to try this mouthwatering sirloin steak laced with butter sauce and lots of garlic.
- 4 pounds of beef sirloin steak
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- Preheat your outdoor grill to high heat
- Put a small saucepan on medium-low heat and melt butter with minced garlic and garlic powder, and then set aside.
- Rub each side of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steak 4 to 5 minutes each side. When done the grilling, transfer the steak to a warm plate.
- Brush the steak with garlic butter and allow to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
13Chicken Teriyaki Thighs
If you love chicken teriyaki at Chinese restaurants, you can now cook it at home with lesser carbs and sodium. Low carb meals should always be delicious and easy to prepare, just like this chicken teriyaki recipe.
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs, skinless
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, sherry, sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic bag and put in the chicken.
- Seal the plastic bag and store it in the refrigerator, turning once, for one hour. You can also marinate the chicken for up to 4 hours.
- Turn the heat of the broiler to high and arrange the chicken on the broiler pan with the skin side down.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the chicken and broil for 8 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook until the seeds become brown.
14Prawn, Pomegranate, and Grapefruit Salad
This salad recipe does not include heavy dressings and bread croutons that may load up on carbs. It is easy to prepare and you don’t need to cook anything.
- 300 grams of cooked and peeled prawns
- 2 pink grapefruits, juice and zest from the first grapefruit, and segments cut from the second
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of frisee, torn
- 100 grams of pomegranate seeds
- 2 handfuls rocket
- Mix together the grapefruit juice and zest, sugar, vinegar, oil, and dill to make your dressing. Mix half of the dressing with the prawns and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, gently toss the shallots, cucumber, frisee, and rocket with the remaining dressing.
- Serve with the prawns and grapefruit segments, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
15Egg and Sausage Casserole
You will definitely love this simple but very delicious egg and sausage casserole that is filled with lots of cheese and oregano. Simple low carb recipes, like this one, is always a sure hit.
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 pack or 8 oz refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Cook the sausages over medium-high heat on a large and deep skillet. Cook until evenly brown. Drain and crumble the sausage. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with crescent roll dough, and then sprinkle the crumbled sausage.
- Mix the beaten eggs with the shredded cheddar in a large bowl and season with oregano.
- Pour the mixture over the crumbled sausage and crescent rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. You will know it’s done if the knife inserted in the center comes out clean.